- Oversized Hoppers
- The shredder hopper opening is 19″ x 13.2″, for easily dropping in leaves and prunings by the armload. The chipper hopper will accept branches up to 4″ in diameter.
- 12 Free Swinging Hammers
- Shredding is accomplished by 12 free swinging “hammers” that mash and pulverize materials into a fine organic mulch that’s great for recycling into your landscape—either by tilling into your garden or feeding your compost pile.
- Off-Road Towing
- Add the optional pin hitch and you can easily tow the PRO 400 Chipper with Shredder around your property using your ATV or lawn tractor.
- Briggs and Stratton OHV Engine
- The legendary power, performance and durability of Briggs & Stratton® engines make them the only ones we use on our DR Chippers. The PRO 400 Chipper Shredder uses a durable 250cc Overhead Valve, easy-starting engine. It features a debris management system that protects the engine from whatever you kick up while you’re chipping and shredding.
- Pro-Spec™ Chipper Knife
- Made of high-carbon/high-chromium forged alloy tool steel, our knives hold an edge longer than those on “bargain” chippers.. Still, as with any cutting tool, keeping a sharp edge is important for maintaining peak performance. We recommend keeping an extra on hand so you can minimize downtime.
DR Chipper Shredder PRO 400
This item requires special pricing for shipping. Request a quote below to receive a quote within 24 hours that includes shipping.
We gave the PRO 400 Chipper Shredder 20% more power than our entry model, and we offer a pin-hitch kit option for towing it around your property. It will devour 4″ branches with ease, and shred 3/4″ thick yard waste.
20% More Power
The PRO 400 Chipper Shredder represents a 20% boost in power from our entry model (the PREMIER 300). That means it can handle branches up to 4″ in diameter, and can shred bigger yard and garden waste too…up to ¾” in diameter. Plus, with double the number of shredding hammers, this model shreds material more finely—to 1/12 its original volume.
Maneuverable and Towable!
The PRO 400 model is easy to maneuver by hand, thanks to the cut-out hand grips on the shredder chute. We also offer an optional pin-hitch kit that allows you to tow it around your property using your riding mower or ATV.
Manual Start $1,349.99
Electric Start $1,599.99
Please request a quote for shipping.